Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there anyine here interested in fixing a couple of my amplifers i have for a good price. 1 is a 5 channle mtx that the power supplye is fired and the other is a autotek that also has a fired power supply. Ive been trying to mess with the autotek and now im just getting aggravated everytime i look at it. so if anyone can help me or knows a place where i can send help i would appreciate it.

I have been finding my bad parts with a DMM and a good eye. My amp rack had gotten water in it because like an idiot I had a noise coming from my trunk seal so I stuffed a towel between the seal and the lid. All was good until we had a little rain and the towel wicked water into the trunk and I hardly go in there because there isn't any room for groceries, if you know what I mean. I didn't notice anything until I went to turn it on one morning and there was no sound. I guess it killed my output board and a day later I heard a pop. I have to change a filter, and a whole bunch of FETs, just waiting on parts. Maybe later if you interested I will snap a shot of the board? Polo.

thats a good site. other places wont sell just 1 or5 they want you to buy 100. Ive got like 5 broken amps. 3 where given to me broken and 2 broke when i had them. the 1 i realy want to fix is the autotek 1500.1. i tryed taking it to school because im in a basic electrnoics class and theres a couple nerds. I was explaning it to them what happened and they keep telling me that i connected the power and ground wrong. this aggravated me so much i almost threw out all my broken sh*t

yeah...blewm out 1 power transistor, so i know i gotta change all of them.But there ahs to be something else wrong right? I got the amp from my brother after he was adjusting the hertz it blew the fuese. He checked the connections and replace it then it fried.There has to be a reason why it blew.Maybe they were wearing out? idk.

What are the other amps? I think the best thing you'll find here are people who are learning to fix amps like safe cracker and myself.

check out www.bcae1.com there are alot of good tutorials on the basic operation, and if you want to learn, there is a amp tutorial for a fair price. Post questions on here, and you will probably find some helpful people here, and we can all learn from your broken amps ;)

autotek was my brothers, eclipse i got from a kid because i looked at it and it was blown, mtx i got my friends brother, and the rockford it was mines when it blew. and the pioneer was mines and my brothers..we put it in my moms car and somehow the speaker wire grounded and it blew a channle, still powerd on and other channles worked for a while then the power supply blew out too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.