the rear fill ch of the jl 500/5?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was reading the manual for this amp and i was wondering, how does that ambience mode work? as in what kind of processing is it? dsp, eq'ing, a digital delay? all the above? what? the reason i ask is that i would like to figure out how to get that to work on my own build. awile back i noticed that my pioneer home receiver has a setup like this. im not sure if its the same thing, but it does add an effect and some depth to the room ambience when i have the 5-ch stereo on. its just a thought and a possible project. thanks for any insight...

From the 500/5 manual:

L-R Ambience Control:
This switch, located in the "Rear Filter Section", performs a very useful function when operating the amplifier in bi-amp mode. By switching this circuit to the "On" position, all signal common to both the left and right channels is removed from the signal feeding the rear channels of the 500/5. When the circuit is "On", the rear channels will only reproduce the extreme left and right information in the recording, creating a realistic ambient effect from the rear channels without detracting from the imaging of the front speaker system. Experiment with this switch to determine if this feature enhances the sound of your system.

Hope that helps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.