NEED ADVICE on drivers - > replace oem!! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a subby wrx
front door drivers are done ( from the previous owner, wich i think as listening to fm radio quite loud :p )

The front door drivers are 5.25" mid
front door tweeters seems to be 1" dome

rear drivers are 4" mids

i don't want to change the head unit, even if it is a 1-bit ****** unit, i just want to hear something, and remove that annoying
SHRRHS sound from those busted door drivers :p

Could anyone please help me choose the drivers?
I wanted to get pro drivers, with high sensivity, to be able to drive
them without having the radio clip :p

What i want :

- mid/woofs for the 5.25" door drivers
- correctly matched 1" tweeter
- woofers in 4" for the rear ( that might be hard )

I think that going for the higher posible excursion for the 4"
at the back should provide enough bass, i'll just add on some crossover on the lines to get them to shut up at anything more than 2-300hz

Front is another thing, don't know what kind of drivers to use at all ..what do you recommend?

what should i be looking for at the front ?

i don't want to buy expensive drivers, just want to up the notch of this system a bit!

hmm there's much choice on front driver but for the rear u can search for some 4" splits and remove the tweeters but keep the crossovers :) that way is more cheaper and hassle free (from making a x/o)

the brands choice vary, every speaker manufacturer mostly have this kind of speakers. if u don't want something expensive maybe you can try Sony's Split (i don't know the price tho in ur country but i suppose it doesn't go to expensive).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.