Newbie needs help finding part

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am ordering parts for my PG X1200.1 mono amp. I have found 3 out of four parts needed (Fairchild part #s IRFP360LC, FQP65N06) now I am stuck on a 16 pin IC (bare with me) if that is what it is called with a part number of 13700 A40058 JRC. The first number is on top followed by the second. Any help finding the manufacture, proper name and/or where I can get it. Thanks in advance, Polo..:)

You can be sure that the original part is LM13700 from National Semiconductor, the IC was actually created by that company. The part that you have seen in your amplifier is probably a lower cost clone from JRC (Japan Radio Co.), hence it has the part number slightly modified by removing the LM prefix (that identifies National Semiconductor parts). Don't hesitate to replace it by the original LM13700, since you will have a very hard time finding the JRC clone in your country.

Try googling for LM13700, you will find the website of the company and the datasheet (while JRC probably hasn't even an online catalog entry nor an online datasheet for that IC). You can check the datasheet against the actual circuit to further confirm the model of the IC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.