usb mp3 player with car cd receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello freinds

i bought this usb mp3 player last week.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/7b/50/d5_1_b.JPG

well it works really good and can storwe 1GB of data. The only problem i can find right now is that if u wish to hear 80th song, say for example, u got to scan through 79 first. does neone know if i can surf through folders?
secondly can I attach it to my car cd receiver through its usb port so that i can surf through the folders just like a cd changer

pleaseeee help me in that
thanks

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi

1. No, you can't connect the MP3 player to your Car player through the USB port.

Some Home theater players will work as an USB host, such as some of Samsung models. Theoretically they can read MP3 files off a connected USB disk, pendrive or HDD.

I don't know of any car players that can do the same.

2. You can also not scan through the folders like a changer. These things are built with proprietary interface (custom software) and are not easily adaptable. So if the player's interface doesn't allow it, no other device can ask it to play songs that way. However the player looks like it should have album up/down controls which should allow you to switch folders. You'll have to have a good look at the user manual to get any answers, or the manufacturer's website.

A small note: Not many people will be able to give you any information from looking at a picture. It's a bit like showing your doctor a photograph and asking why you have a headache. A little more information like a website link, detailed specs, screenshots etc. would help if you want to get more information. Garbage in = garbage out. No point in getting all antsy about it, is there?

Another small note: Most of these things are generic cheapo chinese manufactured players. Finding links for any information will be very tough, as will support. Best to ask the guys who sold it to you through ebay or wherever, and honestly you should have done some reearch before buying. Sorry to come off as harsh and brutal, but I guess that is it.

Have fun in your experiments.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.