car preamp with artificial earth(ESP)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sagarverma said:
will try out ad's whenever i find time to go to the elect. market.r they really worth so much money?how would u rate the performance difference vis-a-vis opa?(u have used both:))

They are marketed as precision opamps for very high accuracy analog signals. I think they have a more dynamic sound. They bass is not as pronouced but I think they sound better in mid to high frequencies.

Also, what voltage rails do you have on you OPAs. I usually modify my amps to have +/-18V rails instead of the common +/-15V. That also helps with dynamics.

sagarverma said:

oops!mine are lowly + - 12v:cannotbe:
no problem as my transformer is + -20v dc and regulated down to this level.regulating it to + -15v is better for better sound:scratch:

will try it too.thanks again

This is usually because the main amp is a transistor stage. As you know, transistors are not that linear so by using an opamp you want to swing your signal(voltage) as much as you can to decrease the amount of transistor gain needed in the main amplification stage.

TO-3 said:

This is usually because the main amp is a transistor stage. As you know, transistors are not that linear so by using an opamp you want to swing your signal(voltage) as much as you can to decrease the amount of transistor gain needed in the main amplification stage.

well i tried out + - 15v suggested but i didnt notice a drastic change(as was with opa's).althogh there was a marked and noticiable improvement(fullness to music;i suppose i making myself clear:)) in the music,it was not as dramatic as opa

but definately it is better.any other mod for improvement.

------------------------------------------
KARIZMA-JET SET GO...........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.