Cant find ganged pots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
*sigh*

I have tried like hell to find ganged pots for my project, but to no avail. I found a lovely Bourns stereo pot in the Farnell catalogue, but it works out to about $20 :eek:

I do have some very nice Spectral pots tho, although they are monophonic.

Do you think it would be a problem if I gave each channel of my stereo amp it's own pot? This would not be a problem for when the amp is running as a 2-channel amp, but in BTL this could cause uneven load between the channels, no?

This compromise does irritate me incredibly as I would ideally wanted a 4-ganged pot to vary the gain in each channel and to provide a passive volume control at the same time.

Oh well so much for that one. :(

Bosium said:
*sigh*

I have tried like hell to find ganged pots for my project, but to no avail. I found a lovely Bourns stereo pot in the Farnell catalogue, but it works out to about $20 :eek:

I do have some very nice Spectral pots tho, although they are monophonic.

Do you think it would be a problem if I gave each channel of my stereo amp it's own pot? This would not be a problem for when the amp is running as a 2-channel amp, but in BTL this could cause uneven load between the channels, no?

This compromise does irritate me incredibly as I would ideally wanted a 4-ganged pot to vary the gain in each channel and to provide a passive volume control at the same time.

Oh well so much for that one. :(

Actually, it might be nicer having seperate pots for each channel. I used to work on the older Tube Driver amplifiers and our rev 2 amps had individual gain pots. It is nice being able to adjust R channel, L channel pots seperately instead of using the balance.

Category
All Products | Electronic | Resistors/Potentiometers/Control Knobs | Control Potentiometers

URL http://www.rssouthafrica.com/

9mm 200mW Cermet Control Potentiometers 1k, 10k and 50k R67
R504248-01.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.