newbee question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not familiar with that particular truck, but I have worked in a '98 nissan frontier reg cab (small), and an S-10 reg cab.

The nissan has two small sealed premade "truck boxes", two amps, a "cap", and a 1.8Kw inverter. the s-10 has a single class D amp and a custom made ported trapezoid box.

what I did in both was to put the amp(s) under the seat, and the speaker box(es) behind the seat. you will want a trapezoid box, also called a "slant box" or "truck box". for the nissan, we put the fuseblock behind the seat since there wasn't anu more room under the seat.

how is your truck layed out? the one's I mentioned were the ones with one bench seat and not individual bucket seats. You might be able to stick a small box in that space between the seats if you have an automatic with the shifter on the steering coloum (the nissan was a 5 speed maual, so there was no chance we could stick a box there). But I think you'd be better off with the boxes behind the seat.

DO you have a picture?

My truck has a standardbench seat and is automatic so there is nothing on the floor. It is also 2wd and has no 4wd drive selector on the floor either. There is about 2 1/2" of clearance under the seat on each side and about 1 1/2" of cluearance in the middle. And I only have about 5" behind the seat.

you could just build a big box to fit one sub and an amp rack behind the seat and keep the other sub as a spare. that small of a cab, one 13 inch would do you much justice or do what killerfishes said and do a blow through. thats about it... my '90 toyota pickup has an ext cab so i got options...

most ppl ive seen that put subs in standard cab trucks use kick boxes with small woofers or they do blow throughs or one big box with something like a 10 and use that.

if you could post some pictures of the inside and behind the seat, that would help. thanx...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.