Car amp guts page

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone.
I'm about to create a page dedicated to amp guts pictures. I've collected LOT's of pictures from forums around the world, expos, eBay publications etc.
I sent some of them to Jacobs ( http://arawndark.netfirms.com/ ) but the page is not mantained anymore, no answers and no updates since 2003.
I've seen other pages and galleries with just bare photos.
My idea is to do a simple page that has an index to the actual amp pages, and each amp page will have basic info (power output, fuses), credits, and inside and OUTSIDE pictures of the amp. Similar to Jacob's but with the added outside picts.
Maybe user posts will be added but my webexperience is poor.
The good thing is:

1_ I already did an application (I'm a programmer) that does the pages and index automatically, so the job is to finish collecting data
2_ I already have MORE THAN 500 AMPS!! 400 are finished and still getting pictures and data for the remaining amps.

The two main question are:
1_ What do you think? Would you like to see something like that?
2_ Which free web hosting do you recommend? I cannot afford to pay for a web hosting, believe me I spent A LOT of time and still short. I need free hosting as I don't think anyone woyuld like to change that for advertising.

Any feedback is REALLY appreciated!!

Dunno about free hosting but you can pick up dirt cheap server rentals, you could go as far as loading all your images to photobucket.com and link them directly on your cheap website, so saving (payed) bandwidth....

I can realy recommend digitalhost.net, the user control panel is the most usefull/powerfull I have yet seen. And Nicholas there runs a tight shift offering in my experience a very good service...

I think it's a good idea, but free webspace has a very very limited bandwidth, if this page even got a little popular your site would be dead half the time if you used free hosting. This is going to be organized too right? Not like some of the others which are just a random collection of amps in no discernable order. I think it would be a good idea to just have a list of the manufacturers in alphabetical order. When you click on one, it goes to a page listing all of the different models you have, which are each links to their own page with the pics and specs.

Thank you all so much for your reply.
First of all about image hosting I see that very difficult because I do the HTML generation with a program I coded, so I must know the image URL beforehand. Free image hosting such as ImageShack generate a random URL when you upload the image. They even have a limitation on he amount of pictures uploaded per month/week etc.
Up to now the page has about 60 Mb, I think It'll be in the neighborhood of 100 Mb.
A thing I'm considering is using thumbnails, they should cut the traffic down in exchange of a little more storage.
About popularity or not, I think at least some people (like me) would really appreciate it.
The page will be organized with an alphabetical index to the amp pages.
Amp pages will contain BASIC data and pictures.
User posts, comments and tips would be a great addition.. not the technical datasheet stuff, just basic info and things you cannot get from the manual. The problem is I'm lousy at web programming (PHP and that stuff).
What do you think about thumbnails? For high bandwith they may be useless and even not desirable, but they are low bandwidth friendly and cut the traffic down as you may choose not to see all the pictures.

oPossum: I'm really interested, google adds don't seem a problem to me if they are not huge (say half a page) or fly around the sreen (flash stuff). I'll try to run a web server in my computer so you can preview the quality and content and make your mind. I'm sending you a mail at this moment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.