CD changer Sony CDX-601 problem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd September 2005, 01:46 AM   #1
LevyB is offline LevyB  Romania
diyAudio Member

Default CD changer Sony CDX-601 problem

Hi!

I have a problem with my car audio sistem (Sony XR-500 radio-cassette player and Sony CDX-601 cd changer): when select the cd mode, i hear how the cd changer try to read a disc and after 3-5 sec the head unit display turn off for 1-2 sec. After that the display turn on and the cd changer try again read the disc and the cycle continue.

Somebody have an ideea what can i do to fix this problem???

Sorry for my english
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:05 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The only thing I could suggest is that you use a multimeter to test the lead between the head unit and cd changer. Look for shorts between pins and continuity from one end to the other, on all the pins.
If this isn't the problem, then I'm afraid it's probably going in to the shop for repair or exchange.
It sounds like the changer is effecting the head unit when the cd plays, and the protection circuit in the head unit is cutting the power. When the head unit switches off, the memory tries to restart from the previous command and the cycle continues.
If it is not the lead, then I wouldn't recommend persueing the problem yourself.
Old 25th September 2005, 10:47 AM   #3
LevyB is offline LevyB  Romania
diyAudio Member

Thanks for suggestions!
I check the cable between head unit and cd changer and is ok; anyhow i replace with another cable and the problem persist. I found the service manuals for both equipment and try to check the cd changer mainboard.
Can be fault the bus controller frrom cd changer??

Hide this!Advertise here!