CD changer Sony CDX-601 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I have a problem with my car audio sistem (Sony XR-500 radio-cassette player and Sony CDX-601 cd changer): when select the cd mode, i hear how the cd changer try to read a disc and after 3-5 sec the head unit display turn off for 1-2 sec. After that the display turn on and the cd changer try again read the disc and the cycle continue.

Somebody have an ideea what can i do to fix this problem???

Sorry for my english :(

The only thing I could suggest is that you use a multimeter to test the lead between the head unit and cd changer. Look for shorts between pins and continuity from one end to the other, on all the pins.
If this isn't the problem, then I'm afraid it's probably going in to the shop for repair or exchange.
It sounds like the changer is effecting the head unit when the cd plays, and the protection circuit in the head unit is cutting the power. When the head unit switches off, the memory tries to restart from the previous command and the cycle continues.
If it is not the lead, then I wouldn't recommend persueing the problem yourself.

Thanks for suggestions!
I check the cable between head unit and cd changer and is ok; anyhow i replace with another cable and the problem persist. I found the service manuals for both equipment and try to check the cd changer mainboard.
Can be fault the bus controller frrom cd changer??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.