Dual driver box suggestions needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings,
Planning on blowing up a cheap pair of 12" subs befofe trying to blow expensive gear as I am only at this for seven days now . Bought Kenwood mp6029 , day later got two response precision dual voice coil, double magnet 250wrms 12" subs and a 800w response precision class d monoblock amp. Am planning to wire in on 2 channels creating 1 ohm load of which gear is capable. Subs resonant freq is 24,,,,qms3.67,,,,qes.28,,, qts.26 . I have here 2 sheets of 19 mm mdf and am planning to sandwitch and build wedge shaped box to fill rear of large sedan,,,,Question being ,,, any suggestion welcome,,,,,should I put both in same box or seperate?? ported or non?? and roughly what litre size internally, either way to get the wheel nuts shaking loose or to at least blurr the mirrors. I am fully prepared to sacrifice the whole boot if necessary...TY all replies appreciated from your most recent unanitiated

It's amazing what maths can do!
Equation:-

(Big system + western sydney)* sq.rt. large sedan = commadore,

However

(Big system + western sydney)* sq.rt small hatch back = civic.

And you didn't think that you'd ever use maths again after leaving school eh?

Anywhere near Paramatta, or closer to Bankstown?

Lmao,
No closer to penrith. I c u play didg,, pitty u dont own a commadore, lol. Taught myself to play didg while living in Alice Springs, just could never get the circulatory breathing part down pat.
Thanx for the link.Have wasted no time building box. Got program threw in some xtra math and am in the fine tuning process over the next couple of weeks. Decided to go for best of both worlds and have built with 18mm sandwitched to 36mm. Plan is that the 36mm offset between sandwich will allow enough of a seal to allow removable bottom panel using pre set silicone. Can at will unscrew base to change, using 18mm slots from 90 litre single chamber to 45L dual chamber with two side slots to run single chamber 75L or two 37.5L. Am now working on interchangerble ports also in ranging sizes. Finding out what I prefer the hard but fun way. Only now have to work on fast port changes for changing track while at stop lights.lol.
At this stage all that I am sure of is AC\DC sounds awesome in single c 90L and has great low end ext with other tracks. Amp is good and has power am thinking of getting annother for following Base guitar Rif with more clarity. Any good amp suggestions?

Many moons ago I used to fit systems and alarms to cars for a living.
I always thought that Kenwood were good amps for the money, but today I wouldn't have a clue. Maybe someone else out there knows the current stuff better than me?
It sounds like your getting good results so far. Just keep tinkering with the port length 'till you like the sound your getting.
A hint is to use a good size port, as undersize ports don't stay in tune once you wind it up, especially with subs. For one 12" sub I would use a minimum of a 3" port, better still 4" (if it doesn't get too long!) And make sure the port mouth has a little room to breath, once the box is installed.
Since you live near Penrith, I don't suppose you know where I might pick up a right hand front fender for my HJ? I bent the old kingswood while parking.

:bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.