Hifonics Service manual / schematic - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2010, 04:47 AM   #61
quez is offline quez  United States
diyAudio Member

hey how are you? i have a hifonics series 7 amp and i was just wondering is it safe to use an 8 volt pre out head unit with the amp? thanks
Old 21st March 2011, 12:37 AM   #62
diyAudio Member

Default I have have a Platinum series 7 isis i need help with

Rebuild information anyone? Ive owned it since 98
Old 31st May 2011, 06:28 PM   #63
diyAudio Member

hi all need help with the hifonics xx goliath 5000 watts 1 ohm amp.any schematics or service manual will be greatly appreciated.
Old 31st May 2011, 07:16 PM   #64
diyAudio Member

There are no service manuals on thoose amps that i know of.. What do you need to know ?
Old 7th June 2011, 09:37 PM   #65
diyAudio Member

thanks for your reply mike...there is a board standing up in the amplifier section of this one that is giving a low reading on the pos 12 volt regulator when in the circuit....is this replaceable ? and if so where can i get one ?.im not home at the moment i'll give you more details when i get back.
Old 19th July 2011, 02:07 AM   #66
diyAudio Member

Hello Stephen,

I have a low mileage Zeus VIII, I had it running a pair of "15 at 4 ohms ea each channel. It worked ok. I have since givin away the "15's and got a smaller pair of "12's, however they are in a mono config and running at 2 Ohms. I am not a AMP guru of any sort and will never claim to be. I just want to know the best and safest way to hook them up?
Old 22nd January 2013, 08:27 AM   #67
lexxm6 is offline lexxm6  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Anybody help!
I need schematic for Hifonics ZEUS ZX4000 or ZX6000...
Old 22nd January 2013, 08:52 AM   #68
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOER View Post
To all DIY'ers,

The Hifonics GEN X were the last amplifiers I designed for them and manufactured as well. Beyond that they purchased their amplifiers from Korea and China. I leave it to your imagination as to the quality of those amplifiers.

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of conversing with Nelson Pass, whom I have admired for many years. He is in my opinion a very smart man. The other American designer I have followed since the 70's is James Bongiorno of Dynaco, SAE, GAS and Sumo fame. Both these gentlemen I consider to be in the upper echilon of amplifier design. And please do not forget my long time friend, Tim de Paravicini of EAR fame. We spent much time together when I lived in South Africa. He is THE MAN when it comes to transformer and tape head design.

Sorry about the inability to help those with the Korean/Chinese Hifonics junk.

The HIP chips are very unreliable and were never designed for audio class D purposes but rather motor control. The HIP4080 and 4081 are the two chips to which I refer. They are always failing and shoot through with these chips is almost guaranteed.

Depending on the actual circuit used with these HIP chips, there are a few things you can do to make them more relaible. DO NOT operate them near their rated voltage - this is death for the chip.

They need back diodes on their outputs and again depending on the actual circuit design, dead time needs to be inserted. Not always possible.

Steve Mantz
Hi Steve, I was wondering which amps of Hifonics you were referring to as far as "HIP" amps? I have repaired alot of Hifonics amps and I have yet to see one with the 4080 in it???

Also wondering if you were invloved with API or did they manufacture after you? The Zues XI I just repaired says API on it thats why I was asking.

I am repairing a US Acoustics USA2200 series ll thats says it was made by ZED audio on the board. Just wanting somw history on the amp.

Thanks.
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 22nd January 2013, 09:12 AM   #69
lexxm6 is offline lexxm6  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Maxxsonics and Audiodesign do not want to help me. Send me your distributor in Russia.
But we have a long time no one left.

Maybe someone knows these companys and may ask for a scheme?

Help me find a diagram for ZX4000, please!
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:19 PM   #70
diyAudio Member

#68:
They were used in some of the hifonics amps up until at least the BXI1606. The 1606 had 2 different boards. One had the 4080. The other had a vertical driver board.

#69:
It appears to be a small 2-channel amp. Start a new thread listing the problems with it if you need help.

Hide this!Advertise here!