Hifonics Service manual / schematic - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th May 2006, 01:31 PM   #31
mikeks is offline mikeks  United Kingdom
Account Disabled

Default Re: Hifonics and Zed

Quote:
Originally posted by MOER
Dear Stephan,

The MPSA12 is indeed a darlington. You can use any small signal darlington to replace it. The current gain is not that important.

In general, avoid monolithic darlingtons in linear designs...
Old 24th July 2006, 02:15 PM   #32
Bertje is offline Bertje  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Schematic Hifonics Colossus VIII

Hello,
I'm looking for a schematic diagram for this very nice big amp.

After it was used bridged for subwoofers, both channels and one power supply blow...I repaired the power supply (all supplys are there, other channel also).
Still there is a fault in the amps, all power transistors seem to be OK.
2x SGDS100 where defect, changed

All 2SD2155, 2SD1429 are OK..........

Please.....???
Rob.
Old 24th July 2006, 04:21 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Default Schematics

If anyone has car audio schematics they would like to share, please e-mail them as a pdf or in a zip to chuckles951@yahoo.com. I will then post them on www.schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net if they are not marked confidential. Also, I will not publish schematics from a souce like the Sams company, where someone is trying to make a living from selling them.

But anything else, I will consider for free publication and sharing.

I can take attachments up to about 10MB. Whatever Yahoo will tolerate.

Dan
Old 22nd November 2007, 05:11 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to vazquezgold Send a message via Yahoo to vazquezgold
Talking Looking for hifonics schematics

hi brothers, I am looking for old hifonics schematics (CLASS IV)...any kind of information at respect will be really useful for me

Have a nice day...

Greetings from Colima, Mexico
Old 22nd November 2007, 05:25 PM   #35
MOER is offline MOER  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Hifonics schematics

Sorry guys but all those old Hifonics amplifiers were hand drawn schematics and are no longer around besides in my head. Those were the days before computers and even when I did the first designs on computer, we never kept the schems.

Basically all the series V and on used IRFZ44 in their SMPS sections driven from a TL494. Any of these older amps we receive for repair are modified so that the IRFZ44 (IRFZ44N) are driven with proper totem pole drivers. (Hand soldered).

The amplifiers are all very close in design being full complementary designs with TIP35/36C devices (Later Gen X used the big Toshibas).

Let me know if anyone needs help.

Regards

Steve Mantz
Old 22nd November 2007, 06:27 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Let me know if anyone needs help.
How lucky can we be to have the likes of Steve Mantz and Nelson Pass not just in our DIY midst, but actually willing to help.

I bow in reverence.

And thanks for all the cool stuff over the years, I hope it's been as much fun for you as it's been for me!

Tim Smith
old timey car stereo installer
Old 23rd November 2007, 01:50 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Hi sir Steve Mantz it's an honor to hear from you

Hi Mr Steve Mantz and hi for all the members of this

I'm repairing a hifonics class D (1000D called "Brutus"), my problem is the next:

I have no audio signal in the output and the circuit HIP ( I dont' remember it's name right now) has overheat ( too hot) and I think with this characteristics the amplifier it's protected, I have replaced HIP circuit but doesn't work. What else can I do?....

I hope you can help me

I feel so glad you are in this forums helping us and appreciate your willing to do it.

I send to you greetings from Colima Mexico.
Hi
Old 23rd November 2007, 02:09 AM   #38
MOER is offline MOER  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Hifonics and things

To all DIY'ers,

The Hifonics GEN X were the last amplifiers I designed for them and manufactured as well. Beyond that they purchased their amplifiers from Korea and China. I leave it to your imagination as to the quality of those amplifiers.

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of conversing with Nelson Pass, whom I have admired for many years. He is in my opinion a very smart man. The other American designer I have followed since the 70's is James Bongiorno of Dynaco, SAE, GAS and Sumo fame. Both these gentlemen I consider to be in the upper echilon of amplifier design. And please do not forget my long time friend, Tim de Paravicini of EAR fame. We spent much time together when I lived in South Africa. He is THE MAN when it comes to transformer and tape head design.

Sorry about the inability to help those with the Korean/Chinese Hifonics junk.

The HIP chips are very unreliable and were never designed for audio class D purposes but rather motor control. The HIP4080 and 4081 are the two chips to which I refer. They are always failing and shoot through with these chips is almost guaranteed.

Depending on the actual circuit used with these HIP chips, there are a few things you can do to make them more relaible. DO NOT operate them near their rated voltage - this is death for the chip.

They need back diodes on their outputs and again depending on the actual circuit design, dead time needs to be inserted. Not always possible.

Steve Mantz
Old 23rd November 2007, 02:43 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

vazquezgold:

Start a new thread for this and I'll try to help you.
Old 28th November 2007, 09:04 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Smile I am lookinf for pioneer gm-x304 service manual

Hi, this is Manuel again........Hi to everybody, I am needing this service manual or schematics:

Pioneer gm-x304

Alpine 3552

I hope you can help me

Greetings

Hide this!Advertise here!