my rockford install

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your attention to detail is exhausting. I can't imagine how many hours you've invested. The rotating rear speakers are a nice touch.

I'm clueless about the car scene. What's behind your choice of using/featuring exclusively Rockford gear? Is it simply your brand preference or are you attempting to obtain (or already have) sponsership from Rockford?

its not all rf stuff. alpine HU listed some diamond audio stuff.... Perhaps like me he just likes their stuff. I think as far as amps go it would be a up hill battle to get me to change. Subs have good displacement/$ and sound good but I feel JL is superior in SQ.

Re: Very nice, do you have a spl yet?*NM*

J.k.Wilson said:
I love fosgate amp's as well i run a old model 502 2 channel to my L7 you betcha.

Their old stuff is good, but their new stuff is mediocre, especially the subs. Honestly by limiting yourself to RF alone you're doing nothing but limiting the potential of your system, RF amps are decent, but the subs and components are lackluster at best. There are many other companies who offer vastly superior products at lower prices than RF.

You asked for opinions, and I'm sorry it's not positive, but I have to be honest....I will give you this though, the install does look good, you'd done a very nice job on the aesthetic side of the system. You've also apparently done a significant amount of deadening which is also very good, I think if you just researched a little more and picked better components for your system you would wind up with something MUCH better than you have now, I mean bandpass??? BARF

If you want to go for true sound quality instead of big blingin car show crap, ditch the rear speakers, ditch the RF subs (especially the bandpass box)....keep the diamond front stage, that's a nice start, and just pick better components all around.

I'm sorry I'm being so condescending, It's just upsetting to me to see so much effort put into the install when the setup itself is missing so much that it completely defeats the purpose. I mean you have some nice diamond components in kicks, but then you have these RF "towers" sitting in the rear which completely destroy the soundstage, and then you have 4 bandpassed 12's which completely destroy any sound quality you could have hoped to retain in the substage.

Re: Re: Very nice, do you have a spl yet?*NM*

sr20dem0n said:

... the subs and components are lackluster at best....

...I mean bandpass??? BARF

If you want to go for true sound quality instead of big blingin car show crap, ditch the rear speakers, ditch the RF subs (especially the bandpass box)....keep the diamond front stage, that's a nice start, and just pick better components all around.

... 4 bandpassed 12's which completely destroy any sound quality you could have hoped to retain in the substage.

Wasn't it Mark Fukuda that set a world record in spl (159.9 legal) and won IASCA pro SQ with 8 RF 15's in a *GASP* 4th order bandpass. This was several years back, but still. Guess he could've done better with a sealed box huh?

Re: Re: Re: Very nice, do you have a spl yet?*NM*

MrUnsocial said:

Wasn't it Mark Fukuda that set a world record in spl (159.9 legal) and won IASCA pro SQ with 8 RF 15's in a *GASP* 4th order bandpass. This was several years back, but still. Guess he could've done better with a sealed box huh?

I've never seen his install, but it sounds interesting. He couldn't have had the output he did if he used a sealed setup, but I bet the tuning for the SQ side of the competition would have been MUCH easier. Several years ago RF was a good company too....very nice amps and the subs weren't half bad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.