ppi pc21400 resistors burned out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone first time here, i have a ppi pc21400 amp, got it from a friend, it stopped working when he had it, he took it apart and there were 2 resistors? burned up, had all the circuits tested and resistors removed by his father (a electrical enginier) and everything else is ok, they couldnt find any part numbers for the resistors so they left it alone and i ended up with it. to cut to the chase i took it apart, by the coding on the board they are r2 and r3, right by the rca inputs, im wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly they were and where i can get them or a diagram for the amp. i apretiate any help thanks

Could you draw a partial schematic of what's around these resistors and what's connected to them? I know it's a though task that requires a lot of patience, but with that schematic we could easily figure out the purpose of these resistors and a suitable value for them.

The more complete the schematic, the more easy it would be to figure out. Trust me, I've already had to resort to reverse-engineering several times in order to figure out the value and type of unrecognisable resistors and transistors.

focuspower1320 said:
hi everyone first time here, i have a ppi pc21400 amp, got it from a friend, it stopped working when he had it, he took it apart and there were 2 resistors? burned up, had all the circuits tested and resistors removed by his father (a electrical enginier) and everything else is ok, they couldnt find any part numbers for the resistors so they left it alone and i ended up with it. to cut to the chase i took it apart, by the coding on the board they are r2 and r3, right by the rca inputs, im wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly they were and where i can get them or a diagram for the amp. i apretiate any help thanks

The two resistors next to the RCA jacks are 10 ohm / 3W resistors. They couple the RCA ground to the signal ground. They usually go bad if the power supply ground is missing and the amp grounds itself through the RCAs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.