rockford 800a2 fried channel help .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK... i have a rockford 800a2 one chanel quit working. i opened it up and took my B&K transistor testor and tested that 10 transistors are bad. five IRF640 and five IRF 9640. I replaced them as well as the 10 gate resistors. i was really sure this was all that needed replaced.
well i hooked it up to my aston power supply. all 10 of the transistors i replaced fried within 30 seconds. they got super hot super fast. I Get a voltage reading of around 45+ volts form this speaker output. the working channel I get .3 volts. I am lost now. does anyone have any insight on this.

check the driver stage, predriver stage, and the bias circuitry. Sometimes the bias circuit opens up and the output stages basically shorts out. For testing, you might want to consider using a large lightbulb (headlights?) in series with the power supply and/or a small fuse (like a 5 amp one).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.