static noise question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just installed a JVC kd-g510 head unit and I am getting a small static noise during any playback. It is not there when the unit is on but nothing is playing and I am not sure but it seems to only happen during sligtly bass output. Any idea what this could be and what the fix would be? I know its not the speakers (infinity reference 6002i) since I used them with my old head unit and they sounded great.

kambrian said:
Just installed a JVC kd-g510 head unit and I am getting a small static noise during any playback. It is not there when the unit is on but nothing is playing and I am not sure but it seems to only happen during sligtly bass output. Any idea what this could be and what the fix would be? I know its not the speakers (infinity reference 6002i) since I used them with my old head unit and they sounded great.

I am guessing you do not have an amp connected? This is typical for HUs as there frequency response is not that great. If you connected an amp, you most likely will get better results.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.