Good information on DIY car audio please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did a search and found 1 good site http://www.bcae1.com/ , but there weren't too many good suggestions besides that. So I'd like to ask for some recommendations on books or sites that will take me from step 1 to the finish.

I'm planning on starting with a powered sub from scratch for my Camry. It'd most likely be mounted in the truck. I'd like to spend less than $200 for the best quality I can for the amount.

Also, would starting out with a powered sub be a good starting place? Maybe I should just make a normal sub and a seperate power amp to make it easier? What's the general consensus?

Thanks guys.

I would build seperate so you can do different comparisons. I would suggest starting with a planned sub and design the box for it. Thats the easy part. If your wanting to build a amp search the forum theres a bunch of info on here.
Hint: to get the most power from a given power supply its to your advantage to use a 2channel bridged into lower impedence.

For the sub, I'd get a separate amp. I'm not sure which decent subs would come powered...this isn't home audio sir!

I'd go with the TC Sounds TC2+. It beats out the Peerless XXLS in terms of distortion. It's a GREAT value. The larger, the better.

www.diymobileaudio.com ---> If you really want to get technical about making a SQ system, this place will tell you how to measure every last bit of your system and correct it the proper way. In fact, the same approach could be used for home audio. He uses a behringer dcx2496 + mic to measure and analyze response, then correct everything individually...quite amazing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.