Finished Car Amplifier schematic + PCB based on Kenwood KAC-716 - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2005, 07:32 PM   #41
kpero is offline kpero  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Hi Aman

I see you used small toroidal core. How much power did you get with that 2 cm core.

best regards, Pero
Old 25th October 2005, 05:22 AM   #42
aman is offline aman  India
diyAudio Member

Default smps power

hi kpero,
The core is 2cm. i think it is suitable for a 100wrms car amp....

regards
Aman
Old 25th October 2005, 05:47 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

hi aman
i had used the 4.5cm diameter core for my smps from ESP.the small core that u used,i also used that one but for tests only.the smps is a blast.tested it with power res. and heavy duty power supply at my college.it was supplying 900w of continous power without any sign of strain on the core!!!!the small core became hot(not warm) during small operations(80w or so)..i dunno what is its peak out bec i didnt go further but 900w is more than enough.so i have a very powerful power supply for any amp in the car
Old 25th October 2005, 07:09 AM   #44
diyAudio Member

Default 4.5cm core

hi Sagar,
900watt continuous is great power and that too without any problem. I too have got a 4.5 cm toroid but it has been wounded for 30-0-30 volt which was driving a 4 channel car amp. Someday i will rewind the secondary and add more turns to get 60-0-60 and use it in another smps project(kenwood schematic) of Risto80 which i would use for the 300watt subwoofer amp of esp(which i have already built and tested with a 40-0-40 transformer) for my car. Sagar...I dont have o'scope and just got a cheap DMM. So there are some problems in measurements to do some learning. Anyway which amp are u going to connect that smps with.
best regards from
Aman,Delhi
Old 25th October 2005, 08:44 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

hi aman
i had never anticipated that the smps would go so high.the car battery will be drained in less than an hour at this power(however smps can go higher than that,i believe!!)
i will use tda7294 for two subs(poineer 12").and pioneer ts(not lajpat rai dupplies) series speakers for with tda1554q.this was original plan but with so much of power at disposal,i think i can think about bridging of tda7294 as well as to get some monsterous power i m looking at tda7293 ic in modular application.
the whole setup is biamped with 12db/octave lr active filter.
i willl finish up soon
Old 25th October 2005, 08:53 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

have u built the preamp given out here?i have tlo72 opamps.are they sufficient?is the preamp good?
Old 25th October 2005, 09:37 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

Default tda7294

hi sagar
i too used 7294 one or two year back with the 12" pioneer TSW304C made for 1.2cuft sealed enclosure.And also used the tda1514a.The 7294 was good for the bass coz it has got mosfets in the output and the 1514a was good for mid and treble .I used them both in single and in bridged mode with 2nd order active low pass filter with the 7294 amp.It sounded thundering with my homebuild 2way speakers.
I haven't build the preamp using tl072 but i have made many low and high pass filters and bass boost circuits with it.However i built the preamp using bc550/560 from the esp.
regrds
Old 25th October 2005, 10:58 AM   #48
diyAudio Member

i have sony discman which has a very low o/p for the amp.
i want a good preamp.please advise.
Old 25th October 2005, 11:51 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

Default pre amp

hi sagar
The output from the discman is not enough to drive an amp like tda7294 efficiently.I have only built the pre amp project 37 from the esp site which works very good and cant say abt tl072.However u can use the simplest preamp using ne5532 from the same site .
hope this will help u
regrds
Aman_4g@yahoo.com
Old 25th October 2005, 01:59 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

is ne5532 available in lr market?shop no.,min qnty,cost etc plz.u built on vero or pcb.do u have pcb layout?

is the o/p of chinese discman higher than sony?

Hide this!Advertise here!