Finished Car Amplifier schematic + PCB based on Kenwood KAC-716

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi aman
i had used the 4.5cm diameter core for my smps from ESP.the small core that u used,i also used that one but for tests only.the smps is a blast.tested it with power res. and heavy duty power supply at my college.it was supplying 900w of continous power without any sign of strain on the core!!!!the small core became hot(not warm) during small operations(80w or so)..i dunno what is its peak out bec i didnt go further but 900w is more than enough.so i have a very powerful power supply for any amp in the car:D

4.5cm core

hi Sagar,
900watt continuous is great power and that too without any problem. I too have got a 4.5 cm toroid but it has been wounded for 30-0-30 volt which was driving a 4 channel car amp. Someday i will rewind the secondary and add more turns to get 60-0-60 and use it in another smps project(kenwood schematic) of Risto80 which i would use for the 300watt subwoofer amp of esp(which i have already built and tested with a 40-0-40 transformer) for my car. Sagar...I dont have o'scope and just got a cheap DMM. So there are some problems in measurements to do some learning. Anyway which amp are u going to connect that smps with.
best regards from
Aman,Delhi:)

hi aman
i had never anticipated that the smps would go so high.the car battery will be drained in less than an hour at this power(however smps can go higher than that,i believe!!)
i will use tda7294 for two subs(poineer 12").and pioneer ts(not lajpat rai dupplies) series speakers for with tda1554q.this was original plan but with so much of power at disposal,i think i can think about bridging of tda7294 as well as to get some monsterous power i m looking at tda7293 ic in modular application.
the whole setup is biamped with 12db/octave lr active filter.
i willl finish up soon

tda7294

hi sagar
i too used 7294 one or two year back with the 12" pioneer TSW304C made for 1.2cuft sealed enclosure.And also used the tda1514a.The 7294 was good for the bass coz it has got mosfets in the output and the 1514a was good for mid and treble .I used them both in single and in bridged mode with 2nd order active low pass filter with the 7294 amp.It sounded thundering with my homebuild 2way speakers.
I haven't build the preamp using tl072 but i have made many low and high pass filters and bass boost circuits with it.However i built the preamp using bc550/560 from the esp.
regrds

ne5532

hi sagar,
ne5532 are available in plenty in LR ,one shop no. is 559 and others are mehta electronics,UMI electronics and kamrit electronics. I dont remember their number exactly but i think they are 3xx and 4xx. They can give u even one piece and it costs abt 10Rs.
regrds
The preamp can very easily be assembled on a veroboard. I dont have any discman.I have got only LG DVD player.

hey,
anyone please see the preamplifier posted here in this thread

please tell me about the pots used

sw1 has five leads??????:confused:

the pot to the right of sw1 has six leads??????:confused:

what r these???

if i dont want to use them.then to make direct connections what point on pcb must be connected by jumpers

help req.

thanks in advance.

hi anil

i got them for Rs130 each

very great ic.

noise rejection is superior than lm series.power is also great with solid punch

but lm series has great low freq response so go 4 tda if u need clarity in upper and lows go 4 lm if u need good low freq response(high freq response bit low)

all in all both r good.my vote for tda(i dunno y but i simply love these,both tda7293 and 7294,currently listening to this chip :)

sagar

My TDA 1555Q draws very lage current at no load

Hi guys. Am building a low cost booster for my car audio and picked on the TDA 1555q in stereo bridge config(22W/channel). Problem is, on powering this device, it draws a crazyishly large current(>20A) even on no signal and no load. I eventually discovered that cutting power to the second amplifier(pin 5) reduces current to a modest 150mA. Fine, i decide to test with just this one channel. And on connecting a signal source powered from same battery, the quiescent current drops to 0mA, and of course no output!. I discovered the signal ground pin causes this whenever you attach it to power ground, i dont know why. The output dc voltage is also 9.5V instead of about 6.9V. As you probably know, the TDA 1555Q requires almost no external components, so i dont know what i could have been doing wrongly. 'Ve also tried to keep my leads reasonably short. Pls Help

N.B.
I've experienced similar probs with the TDA 2005 before

These things sure do churn out some power.

I have made a similar design using SG3525 control IC, 3x10000uF caps on input, 100uH input inductor, 8 x sfp50n06 as switchers, etd/pst39 as a core. the windings are 8x0.5mm strands of insulated wire and i seem to be able to take about 400W of power before the core starts heating up quite radically. voltage out is 35V.
At 300W its ok still so i think the core is saturating. When this happens, the mosfets start heating up a bit too.

Do you have any specs on the 4.5cm core being used? I would really like to get my hands on one.
At 900W, there would be enough reserve power for _ANY_ event :) hehehehe

Regards
John

Re: My TDA 1555Q draws very lage current at no load

ataxerxes2 said:
Hi guys. Am building a low cost booster for my car audio and picked on the TDA 1555q in stereo bridge config(22W/channel). Problem is, on powering this device, it draws a crazyishly large current(>20A) even on no signal and no load. I eventually discovered that cutting power to the second amplifier(pin 5) reduces current to a modest 150mA. Fine, i decide to test with just this one channel.
N.B.
I've experienced similar probs with the TDA 2005 before

I have had that too.
1) connect 100nF cap between power supply pins ( i.e. on chip)
2) connect 220uF cap between power supply pins ( i.e. on chip)
3) place 100K resistor between inputs and ground.

It looks to me like your chip is oscillating and hence will be drawing huge amounts of power. the second channel may be blown.

Try the caps and resistors ... if not... try some asprin :) or a new chip

Which circuit diagram are you working off ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.