Pre-amp outputs from factory deck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an '03 Accord Coupe with a factory stereo. I've not tried to remove the stereo to see what connections are available but I imagine I wont find any pre-amp outputs. I've had people tell me that it's possible to use the Aux CD connection to create some pre-amp outputs. Is there some kind of adapter available that I can plug into this connection to give me the pre-amp outputs that I want? If so, where can I get this item?

as far as i know the connections are all speaker level, if so you will have to get a speaker level to line level converter(which will degrade sound quality tremendously) or get a new deck to fit in were the stock deck is for pre-outs.

I've had people tell me that it's possible to use the Aux CD connection to create some pre-amp outputs. Is there some kind of adapter available that I can plug into this connection to give me the pre-amp outputs that I want? If so, where can I get this item?
if the aux connection is on the deck? then no, it is INPUT only, and there would be no adapter for this either.

I am a cheapskate and will make my own speaker level to line level converter using a couple of resistors. Just use 2 resistors in series (rated around 3 to 5W), make sure their total resistance is around 4 ohms. Example: A 1 ohm resistor and a 2.7ohm resistor. Tap off the voltage of the lower valued resistor, and wallah! You have your own step-down converter! Fiddle with the resistance value to match your amp's input sensitivity.

There are some very decent Line Level Converters that won't "degrade" the signal much at all. David Navone among others make them.
maylar,
Since you seem to have experience using the LOC from David Navone Engineering I have a question for you. I have been to their website and I'm ready to purchase one. I hesitate to do so becuase I first tried to connect speaker level inputs to my ads P440 amp and it shut down imediately once the wires were connected. In another thread on this forum someone mentioned this could be caused by a 'car chasis ground potetial' in the speaker outputs. My question is this. If the chasis ground prevents the amp from running when connected to the speaker output, would this same chasis ground be passed through the LOC and also prevent the amp from running?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.