illusion audio ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2005, 10:52 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default illusion audio ?

http://www.illusionaudio.com/

i thought they went out of business. from what it looks like they didn't, but im not sure... if any one could give some insight that would be cool.

well back to google i go...
Old 18th April 2005, 06:46 AM   #2
cdjr is offline cdjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, they are back in business. But, from what I've seen on a couple of other forums, they are phasing in to the full line of speakers.

A member of one of the other forums, who is an authorized dealer for several other high-end lines, said that he has been approved as an authorized dealer.

You can check this thread:

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ult...=019867#000000

Old 21st April 2005, 04:09 AM   #3
Bose(o) is offline Bose(o)  Canada
diyAudio Member

I love Illusion Audio, they make some incredible stuff. Quite expensive though, but WOW! If you can afford it, do it, you will NOT be disappointed.
Old 21st April 2005, 09:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

ive always wanted illusion mid's and tweet's for my car... when i went to look for them a few years ago, i got word they went under, i was depressed for months. BUT now, if there still a kickbutt product, i have new ideas for my wifes car...

now if i could only find a 5-ch amp i like...
Old 22nd April 2005, 01:23 AM   #5
AJinFLA is offline AJinFLA  United States
Banned

Default Illusion Audio

Hi, first post here on the Car forum, lurk on the Loudspeaker often, but this thread caught my eye. I replaced a couple of Vifa midbass (5.5 inchers) with Illusion (Nd?)6's a few years ago in the doors of my MX-6. I think I ordered them from Solen in Canada. I had never even heard of them before, but I was intrigued by the Neo magnet (in front!) design and the high Xmax. Those little things pack a wallop! I could not believe the difference over the Vifa's (which is a fairly nice driver itself!). I'm definately a fan. Good to see they are back! Just my two cents.

Cheers

AJ
Old 22nd April 2005, 02:59 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I e-mailed Solen right away. Unfortunately, they may not be offering the Illusion Audio drivers due to previous business experiences.
Old 22nd April 2005, 11:41 AM   #7
AJinFLA is offline AJinFLA  United States
Banned

Solen still has a couple Illusion mids & tweets left in their "On Sale" page.
Just in case you were interested.
Old 2nd June 2005, 06:45 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to IllusionAudio
It's true. We're officially back in business and will be receiving our first product delivery later this month. This delivery will include Luccent and Carbon Series components and mids. The new and improved woofers will follow by about 45 days. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like additional information.
Old 3rd June 2005, 10:44 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Is it possible for us to get some prices in the near future? Canadian and US prices?
Old 4th June 2005, 01:59 PM   #10
cratz2 is offline cratz2  United States
diyAudio Member

I'll throw another contribution as to how good their Carbon Series (ND) drivers are. At different times, I've owned a single ND12 and two ND8s (seperately, but each used as subs) and was beyond impressed. I've tried many SQ-oriented subs and the ND12 was likely the very best. And though it doesn't play stunningly loud (not one of my requirements anyway) it can get very loud with little power. For a time, I had it running on a single channel of a JL 300/4 amp so producing about 75 watts and it would get slightly uncomfortable for many listeners.

Maybe he can chime back in, but when I modeled the Illusion-provided T/S specs in WinISD, the results did not look impressive but in 1.2 cu ft sealed with about 1 lb (or a bit more) of polyfill, it sounded like it went very low, even in the house. Much lower than two of my other favorites, the OZ 300L and the Aura Force 12.

Also, always be sure to use grilles with these drivers... very important.

Hide this!Advertise here!