getting started in Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey,
Well I guess I should introduce my self. I am a 18 year old man. I live in New Jersey USA. I have a electronics background as I am about to graduate from the local Technical School with 4 years in Electronics Technology. I have experience in frabication and troubleshooting of a variety of circuits. Also I have experience with design and analysis of both analog and digital ciruits. My favorite aspect of electronics is by far also my best, design. I can do alot of switching and lights and robotic and control circuits but I want to get into some audio circuits. I will probaly not look into this as a full time career but it might be something to fall back on.
My long term goal is to make a completly custom sound system for my car. I realise I could probaly get better parts cheaper by buying some high end equipment and leaving it at that but I don't see any fun in that. Is there anything I can look at or read to help be with some of the audio design stuff? Like the different designs of filters, EQs, DSPs and the such? Like I said this is a LONG term project. I do not expect to finish it in a year or two, maybe 8 or 9. I am also planning some rather unique engineering stuff with this system that will look cool and be atleast partially practical. A good example is Im planning to use to heat generated by the amps as a sort of heater for a SMALL steam generator to output back through the power supply to increase the effiency of the amp. End yes I of course will be double reinforcing the endges and corners to elimate even the smallest of water leaks.
Well, I gotta get back to work(Computer Technician). If you have any advice or recommendations I would be happy to hear.

Thanks you for reading,
Ray

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.