eclipse amplifiers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
eclipes amplifiers?

have any of you ppl ever owned and or listened to an eclipes amp? if so, what do you all think of them, pro's, con's, sound quality, reliability issues if any, and just your plain opinion of there products. the reason... im thinking of buying one for my car... but i have never used any eclipes products except i had one of there decks(cd/ '96) and liked it. thanx

http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/pa5532.html

Fujitsu Ten used to be the absolute Upper-Class-material.

I had two of the older black car amplifiers 5 years ago.

If Fujitsu doesn´t follow the way Maxxonics (Hifonics, Crunch.....etc) is going, the Eclipse material should be very reliable .

But in my opinion , never buy anything "unseen" or better "unheared".

Find a dealer that will let you try out the amplfier. Get your setup as ready as possible, meaning install speakers, wires etc. so that the dealer only has to connect the amplifier. Usually they will do that (because they want to sell !) : o )

thanx... im looking in to different 5 channel amps for my wifes car. she has a '89 toyota cressida and the dash is all molded like a lexus so a fully custom job will have to be done. i was going to use the stock am/fm/cd/cassette but found out the other day that that the cd and tape dont work right so... im looking to put a lcd touch screen were the cd tape is at for a carputer(mini itx), under that will be an alpine deck, were the tuner controles and valume is ill put a cup holder, ir receiver and the hazzard switch, the door speakers are 5.25's, i have a pair of kenwood components but im thinking of making my own with drivers from parts express and/or madisound with coustom passive x-overs (12db low, 18db high) some good 5.25" coaxials in the rear and a 10" sub in the trunk(i like heavy paper cones, but jl audio is ok).

if any one has any thoughts please post them, thanx

if your looking for a multi-channel, I can reccomend the Kicker 700.5, Zapco 650, and the Orion 7005,

I have listened to all of these amplifers, and would be happy with any, from what I remember the Kicker was the easiest to use, the Orion the strongest, and the Zapco the cleanest, (keep in mind the Zapco is a 6 channel, and channels 5 and 6 can be bridged)

sorry i have not replied in awile... been bizzy with work and all kinds of other chaos...

ive beed looking at the kicker amp for myself that and a pair of RE 10's, this is just a thought though...

i have a freind with the zapco 650 and this is a sweet amp, just a little too pricey for me, but i might make the exception though. but that kicker, hhhmmmm...

about crunch, i miss the performance plus subs...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.