Speaker Static

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I dug some old Roadmaster RS900, 6 x 9, 3-way speakers out the other day, and replaced the blown stock speakers in my truck. The problem is that I am getting all kinds of static no matter what volume the stereo is set to.

All of the connections are solid, I just used the old connections and got some adapters to connect the new speakers.

Any idea what could be causing the static, and how do I get rid of it.

Megahurt

Megahurt said:
I dug some old Roadmaster RS900, 6 x 9, 3-way speakers out the other day, and replaced the blown stock speakers in my truck. The problem is that I am getting all kinds of static no matter what volume the stereo is set to.

All of the connections are solid, I just used the old connections and got some adapters to connect the new speakers.

Any idea what could be causing the static, and how do I get rid of it.

Megahurt

Are you running the speakers off of the HU or an amp? Is it really static, or just a hiss?

I'll check that out this weekend when I get back home to all of my tools.

The noise is most noticable during moments of silence or when there is little musical activities. Once the music fills the speakers, it becomes less noticable, but it is still there. It's like that at every volume.

If that maybe changes the possible fix. If not thanks for your help, and I'll see what if can get it fixed.

Megahurt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.