Trouble Shooting for TDA1562Q Car Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

I had built a car amp based on TDA1562Q.
Attached is the schematic as well as the board that I had come out with.

The problem here is that I after powering up for about 15 to 20 seconds, the just faded away. I do not have any single idea why this happen :( I am hoping that someone here who had built this amp can be of help.

Thanks in advance......

Attachments

• tda1562_brd.jpg
    tda1562_brd.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 449
hi arasuk,

thanks for the reply.
i assume that the schematic and the pcb that i fabricated is working well.

the power supply that i used is 0-15 V (PS1), which if to pweor my preamp (OPA2134+BUF634) and is just for testing.

i will check if the heat sink is touching the ground.
beside that, is there any other possibilty?

thanks......

Junior said:
Hi Guys,

I had built a car amp based on TDA1562Q.
Attached is the schematic as well as the board that I had come out with.

The problem here is that I after powering up for about 15 to 20 seconds, the just faded away. I do not have any single idea why this happen :( I am hoping that someone here who had built this amp can be of help.

Thanks in advance......

Hello. Maybe you don't put enough heatsink on your amplifier to absorb the heat from TDA1562Q.

The TDA1562Q is basicaly has low power output at about 18W but because of the external electrolytic capacitors, the internal supply voltage is lifted and due to this momentarily higher supply voltage, the output power will reach up to 70W.

If the case temperature exceeds 120C, the high power supply voltage is disabled and the output power is back to low power (this maybe this is what you said faded output). And when the supply voltage drop below the minimum operating level, the amplifier will be muted (you can hear no output).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.