Xtant 1001d blowing fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one of the old xtant 1001d (1000w beauty.) It used to work perfectly, but now it blows inline fuses whenever i try and power it on. I disconnected everything except the power, remote lead, and the ground, and it still blew the in line. The amp has LED lights, and what happens is the red power light comes on, then a blue LED flashes that indicates Low Voltage, then the inline blows. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I miss my bass :(

Yes....

I don't know what would change. Mitek owns Xtant since about 1999, but they still repair the older Xtant amplifiers. The problem with the D series is that they use multiple protection circuits which must be bypassed with a test jig - of course, no one I knew had one and Xtant wasn't passing out service manuals. Attempts to repair were futile, especially with their clumsy current-mode control PWM. Nothing spectacular happened - but I could never get it out of "silent standby mode". I think it cost $100 plus shipping for Xtant to replace the entire board. And that was under Mitek ownership...

I have extensive experience in repairing mobile audio amps - and have built a few myself. I will do Rockford, Phoenix Gold (ZeroPoints, et al), Xtant C, X and Audison but not Xtant D series. :D

:(

i called them up, and they told me they won't repair it anymore, but they'd sell me a new 1000 series amp for half price. they were also entirely unhelpful in pointing me in the direction of a licenced xtant repair place that might be willing to work on it. the idea of spending 600 bucks for a new amp (even though it's a straight up bargain considering the retail price) seems a little crazy...

I'm sorry to hear that

That's really no good. I'm sorry that they won't help you. The problem with the "licensed Xtant repair" shops is that they don't exist, so it comes as no surprise that they couldn't - or wouldn't give you some direction.

Well, you might try selling in on eBay or something. At least get yourself further into a replacement amp if nothing else....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.