Comments on Koda 6.1 component set - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2004, 05:52 PM   #1
Nullboy is offline Nullboy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Comments on Koda 6.1 component set

I'm considering installing Adire Audio's Koda 6.1 compents in the front of my 2001 Chevy Silverado. I've searched the forums and a good number of web sites, but I've been unable to find more than a smattering of opinons on these drivers. Has anyone here heard these drivers? If so, what is your oppinon?

Thanks
Old 21st December 2004, 02:27 PM   #2
maylar is offline maylar  United States
diyAudio Member

I searched over at Elite Car Audio and found a few comments. They're generally considered "high end" speakers. I quote one of the reviewers (without permission):

"I have enjoyed mine but I don't have a lot to compare to. Mine were mounted in "stock" location in sealed door pods. I have ran anywhere from 80watts x2 to 110watts x2 to them. No problems within those power ranges. Full range, they would not bottom out on most stuff. This is probably due to the enclosures though.

The tweeter is decent, not too bright and non-fatiguing. Midbass would probably be better in an IB setup, although mine wasn't lacking. Imaging was alright, but I never tuned them a whole lot with EQing or phasing."
Old 22nd December 2004, 05:16 PM   #3
Nullboy is offline Nullboy  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the info. I'll head over to Elite Car Audio and see what else I can dig up.

Do you have any suggestions for other componet sets in the same price range (around $300)?
Old 22nd December 2004, 07:58 PM   #4
maylar is offline maylar  United States
diyAudio Member

There's a lot of nice speakers in that price range. Once you get to $300 - $350 you're into the realm where thry're basically all good and it's a matter of taste. JL Audio XR's, Kicker's new SS series, MB Quart Q Series can all be had on eBay for around that much.
Old 23rd December 2004, 10:52 AM   #5
Puggie is offline Puggie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

IMHO the Koda mids are very nice, punchy with plenty of bass, the tweets that go with them are really not upto the job though. As its a DIY forum I'm going to suggest you get some Koda Mids and look for something like Morel or Vifa home audio tweets to match with them and build your own crossovers.

Hide this!Advertise here!