Comments on Koda 6.1 component set

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm considering installing Adire Audio's Koda 6.1 compents in the front of my 2001 Chevy Silverado. I've searched the forums and a good number of web sites, but I've been unable to find more than a smattering of opinons on these drivers. Has anyone here heard these drivers? If so, what is your oppinon?

Thanks

I searched over at Elite Car Audio and found a few comments. They're generally considered "high end" speakers. I quote one of the reviewers (without permission):

"I have enjoyed mine but I don't have a lot to compare to. Mine were mounted in "stock" location in sealed door pods. I have ran anywhere from 80watts x2 to 110watts x2 to them. No problems within those power ranges. Full range, they would not bottom out on most stuff. This is probably due to the enclosures though.

The tweeter is decent, not too bright and non-fatiguing. Midbass would probably be better in an IB setup, although mine wasn't lacking. Imaging was alright, but I never tuned them a whole lot with EQing or phasing."

There's a lot of nice speakers in that price range. Once you get to $300 - $350 you're into the realm where thry're basically all good and it's a matter of taste. JL Audio XR's, Kicker's new SS series, MB Quart Q Series can all be had on eBay for around that much.

IMHO the Koda mids are very nice, punchy with plenty of bass, the tweets that go with them are really not upto the job though. As its a DIY forum I'm going to suggest you get some Koda Mids and look for something like Morel or Vifa home audio tweets to match with them and build your own crossovers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.