Anyone got a JBL GTO 6000 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

is anyone out there who could be a hero for me and measure the Current the Amp needs on 12V (Steering signal from radio enabled) with disconnected cinch and speaker cables?

Mine is 1,0 Amperes, after repair one transformer gets warm in idle mode, so i don't know if the 1A should be less.

thanks!!!

Hi

An idle current of 1A should be fine for that size amplifier.

Is the transformer getting real hot ? Resolder all transformer wires to make sure the solder joints are ok. You should check the voltage with a scope. Since you have two transformers, the voltages should look similar on both transformers. If not, you might have a/some faulty MOSFETs in the SMPS.

Does the transformer make noise when there is no load ?

Stephan

Hi there,

thanks for your reply.

- The transormer gets as hot as it feels uncomfortable. The highest temperature i measured is nearly 50°C (120°F).

The other one gets only 30°C even when loaded.

It does not make any sound, the solderings should be fine. I had the transofrmers removed and soldered them in again.

The waveforms and voltages to the Transformer are fine.

the main thread for the temperature is this one:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47097

that here was just to get info on the idle current.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.