Car Amp using TDA1562 by Philips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys,
This is my first post and I am totally new to Car Audio. Would appreciate you guys for the help that I can gather here.

I intent to make a car amp out of TDA1562. Stereo version.

Just wondering if anyone here managed to built one using the above mentioned chip from Philips? Would greatly appreiate if you could post the schematic that you used. Thanks in advance.

Had read the datasheet and the one and only information I got was the Test and Application Circuit Figure 9 (Page 14). Should any modification be made to make the whole circuit more 'robust' (not to mentioned the use of premium components).

Really appreciate any kind of suggestions here :)

HI junior,

i've built a car amp based on tda1562, a year ago. i used the circuit published in elektor, and is very compact, which enabled me to put the complete amp in the dashboard of my car. i use the amp with my creative jumeboxNX HD based portable player, Performance of the amp is'nt that great, but perfectly adequate if urn't after hefty bass, or a low frequency buff;) HF and MID are quite good. check out the attached schematic.

HI junior,

i've built a car amp based on tda1562, a year ago. i used the circuit published in elektor, and is very compact, which enabled me to put the complete amp in the dashboard of my car. i use the amp with my creative jumeboxNX HD based portable player, Performance of the amp is'nt that great, but perfectly adequate if urn't after hefty bass, or a low frequency buff;) HF and MID are quite good. check out the attached schematic.

Hi Junior,

i guess an error occured while trying to attach the circuit. so here's the circuit from elektor. FT326, well sounds strange to me, as i'mnt aware of it. Could u explain that ?.

Attachments

• c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,144
Hi junior,

The file size that i've tried to attach is 300kb, but the permissible size is around 100kb, i guess. perhaps that could be the reason. yes the ft326 is certainly interesting, looks bit sophisticated than the circuit from elektor. Does it enhance the performance of tda1562? i'm planning to make couple of modules using ft326 for the rear channels.

not sure of any enhancement in performance in the tda1562 but is certainly worth trying.... but the schematic does look complicated...... as transistors is used :)

will make a couple of boards based on your schematic too....

one question magna.
from your schematic that you had attached, the S1 is meant for switching on/off the amplifier right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.