Bridge module for Hcca 225 G2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know I dont have the 1st generation so Im assuming I have the sec.gen. I want to bridge these amps but am told i need a module to do it. Anyone have 2 of theseto sell me or Im told they're easy to make, anyone tell me how or make them for me? Please help!

peter:bawling:

I know I dont have the 1st generation so Im assuming I have the sec.gen. I want to bridge these amps but am told i need a module to do it.

Assuming there's no switch for bridged mode...
Using a voltmeter, check for continuity between the R & L speaker grounds. Or, open the lid and see if they come from the same point on the PCB. If they are connected, then you certainly do need a bridging module.

It seems like they had 3 outputs:
R-channel mono,
L-channel mono,
summed mono

so that you wouldn't necessarily need two of them.

PPI modules will work just as well as Orion, and you should be able to find one on ebay quite cheap. Cheap enough that it wouldn't be worth gathering the parts to build your own.

But, if you want to DIY, it is a simple project. These amps already have ±15V available through the DIN jack, which is perfect to power most op amps.

What you'd need to make is called an inverting voltage follower, and it simply "flips" ONE (and only one) channel 180° out of phase.

Tim

pks71:
Only the first generation amps needed the bridging module to run bridged. The rest used the L+ and R- for bridging. The only exceptions that I can think of were amps like the 2350GX that had two independent bridged amps (one bridged amp per channel) in one case.

IMPALAMAN1:
The bridging module inverts the signal feeding one channel. They can generally be used on non-bridgeable amps (except on amps like the 2350gx mentioned above). If the amp is rated for 2 ohms minimum impedance per channel, the minimum bridged load will be only 4 ohms.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.