Best Highe End Mid Range Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
C-Quenze by audioTechnology of Denmark I have a set of ther 6" midbasses. Are you looking for Mids or Midbass? how low do you want to go. From you post I presumed you would only need to go down to 500 or 300Hz, with a mid and you would have a seperate midbass for the lower stuff, 3 way fronts in effect.

DLS Iridium

Thanks for your reply's. The DLS Iridium sounds like a good choice. According to what i have read, these are similar to the Dynaudio's... Any thoughts on the 2-way set. I think the installation of a 3-way set could be a problem? Thanks, James

2nd to Graks

I bought Seas Lotus Ref set, problem I cant install yet. Need to make door pod cause could not fit. At this moment its sitting in my room in sealed box (8.2l). Sounds good.

Attachments

• box3.jpg
    box3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 691
There are lots of nice speakers out there. Differences in high end stuff can be very subtle so it's best to listen and judge for yourself. Unfortunately it's impossible to hear them all in real installations, and the install makes all the difference. The best speakers in a poor installation will not sound as well as mediocre speakers in a great installation.

That said, just about any component set that costs $400 or more will be a great speaker. Personally, I like the Boston Acoustics Z Series. Their midrange is the most natural and transparent of the speakers I've heard. MB Quart's Q Series is also excellent, though some people don't like the bright tweeters. Both are in the $1000 range. JL Audio's high end (XR? ZR?) are also excellent.

Don't overlook Kicker's new SS Series either.. they're getting rave reviews and they can be had for under $400 on eBay. If you can get past the funky grille design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.