amp schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a punch 600.5 I believe its the newest model they have out, if not the one just before that. It's got a blown rectifier diode (D6) and possibly a few blown output transistors. I can't read the values on the diode bc it exploded...lol. The schematics should have the value somewhere if I could only get my hands on one..... :bawling: thx for the input jason

is the diode palinly sitting on the PCB or is it on the heatsink? if it is sitting on the PCB (and near the B+ and GND terminals) it may be used only for polarity protection. commonly, I see those are 1N540X types.

if they are mounted on the heatsink, they might be high speed rectifiers, those are more difficult to find, but usually, there are several more side by side. just look at the numbers of the ones not blown.

(although since you have blown output transistors, you might have blown the rectifier diodes)

Hi all, thx for all the replies. It is a rectifier diode(black with a silver band). I only found two of them on the entire circuit board. The other is in good shape, but it is smaller. It is not really close to anything, it actually looks intentionally isolated. I found some rectifier diodes at radio shack that are close to the same physical size, what are the dangers of putting a bigger one than originally in there? Diodes only job is keep current going one way, so how bad is it to put one that will keep more current out? I know nothing about rectifier diodes so if this is a really stupid question, sorry.:cannotbe:

the diodes shouldn´t be the critical part here. Usually you can exchange those without any problems, as long as pins and power ratings are the same. but keep in mind that there can still be huge differences in max. current or power even when the housing is the same size!

If you can read the name of the second diode you should be able to get the first diode as well, they are complementary. If you get other diodes than make sure they have similar ratings .

But it is very seldom that only the diodes are burned, usually there´s a short in the amplifier section as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.