2 heasdunits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think I'm going to go ahead and get the MP3 receiver. It has an aux input independent of the bus-in/unilink system. So to listen to mp3s I could run the component out of my MD deck to the aux-in on the MP3 deck, then connect all of the speakers to the MP3 deck. I'd have to turn the volume up on the MD deck to get a decent volume level, and would have to use the MD deck controlls to play/search tracks etc (as opposed to controlling it as a MD changer from the CD/MP3 deck).

My other alternative is to take out my MD deck, install the MP3/CD and then connect an MD portable to the aux-in on the deck. The downide I see here is batteries or DV power cord and having to use the small buttons on my MD portable.

I'm going to try the combo installation. I'd have to hook the 2 headunits up to the dimmer switch and make sure my car radio fuse can allow enough current to pass. The MD deck should be drawing less current due to there being no amplified speaker load. Have I overlooked anything?

WOW, I'm facing the exact same dilema. Right now I've taken out my MD deck, and put in a cheap awia cd player with an aux-in. However, my wife just got a new Matrix, and we aren't driving my car as much. Between dealing with the faceplate plugining in the ipod, and all that it's so much of a pain that I don't even listen to music anymore.

So I'm going to put the MD deck back in.

I was thinking though, would there be any problem in hooking up both units to the power and speaker? as long as you only kept one on at a time. you could even put in a toggle switch.

How about it?

sony headunits beep to remind you to take off the faceplate. My MD deck does this through an internal beeper/speaker. The newer ones use your car speakers to beep. This would probably give you problems if both were trying to beep at the same time with the same set of speakers.

Your deck might also beep when you switch decks, plan for it not to.

You couldn't easily run a radio signal to both, but that shouldn't be a problem, just use one for the radio.

The switch also might make popping noises when toggled. Maybe not.

Just my 2 cents.

try it out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.