Sony amplifier blows - HELP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello i have a car amp, a Sony xplode XM-1002HX when i used it in normal sound it plays well, but when i pull it loud it blows the mosfets (IRF 540 and 9540) of one channel, i replace then, and it plays nice intil i pull it loud and blows agains the mos-fet. :xeye:

What shoud it be? Should it be froam bias current ?
How can I check bias current of the outputs? I see one variable resistor closer to each pair of the two MOS-FET, but I dont know how to ajust it?

Does anyone can give me the service manuals for this amplifier

Tanks for any help :)

BTW: Bias voltage is measured from gate to gate, so put the + lead of your meter on an N-channel gate, then the - lead on a P-channel gate. For running subs you can get away with almost nothing as far as bias goes, but if you are running speakers you want to have 1V or maybe a little more, but that all depends on the power supply design and how well the case is going to get rid of the heat. The more inexpensive amps usually have inadequate power supplies so you will need to watch how much bias you put on the ouputs so you still have enough current reserve to take care of driving the speaker! :)

-Matt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.