Please help me evaluate: Proac 2.5 clone in CAR with PCX-480

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all CAR audio lovers,

I'm in the SQ side (not SPL). In the past, I used Dynaudio's System 220mkII with PPI's PCX-480. The overall sound was too dark as well as too warm. I then decided to innovate my CAR audio system by bringing in the well-known DIY speaker system---it's ProAC 2.5 clone. This 2.5 clone will be implemented as the front stage system in my car.

The 2.5 clone contains :-
-SCAN-SPEAK 8513 tweeter.
-SCAN-SPEAK 8535 woofer.

These drivers will be driven by PCX-480. ( 4x80 watts) Each channel will drive each driver with separate crossover. There will be no electronic or active crossover involved, just passive crossover.

Unfortunately, eech driver has 8-ohm impedance. This will cause a great deal of workload for PPI PCX-480. Moreover, I'm not sure whether PCX-480 can handle these SCAN-SPEAK drivers.

Could you guys help me evaluate this project? Will this project fail or succeed? (or...am I crazy?)

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.