Amp install Help PlEaSe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm getting ready to install whole new system in my truck (02 F150 Screw). But I've got some questions about the amp in particular. Parts:
Kenwood DDX7015
Audiobahn AS68Q components (all 4 doors)
RF 501x
KnuKonceptz 4gauge 4channel amp kit/batt terminal.

I'm attaching a .bmp of what I picture the install to look like. Questions:
Does it look right, or am I smoking the good stuff.
Are there any concerns associated with running the amp power outside the cab (pass side-through the floor, along the frame and up the firewall)
Lastly, I'll be stuck with the factory HU for about a month and would like to go ahead and install the rest is there a high input (factory speaker wire) to RCA converter so I can run everything.

Attachments

• speakers2.jpg
    speakers2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 60
First off the components you listed are 4ohm's each. I would not recommend running your power wire under the cab of your truck. Either find a hole in the firewall or drill one yourself. The item you are looking for, foryour speaker outs on your head unit is called an loc (line out convertor). It can be purchased @ any sound shop. Hope this helps

Leesville. No built in xover. I thought about wiring it that way so I can mount the tweets in the a pillar up front (bouncing off the glass) and the top of the door panel in the back doors. Also that diag. allows me to use the amps xover (less pieces/splices, less resistance). Then again I'm no expert, hence the reason I need help.

Go to Auto Image on Airline and ask to talk to Ryan, tell him Jerry from Monkey Motorsports told you to talk to him and see how much he will charge you to take care of this for you or at least talk to him about it and he will show you what you need to do. No lie he is one of the best 12v guys in the area and we use him a lot on our personal and our show cars and he has never led us wrong and showed us a lot of technical info that I was unaware of. If you wait they will have moved back to the original spot on Seigan as they are moving back.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.