Kickpanel enclosure shortcut at Home Depot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was at Home Depot, in the plumbing section. Something on the shelf caught my eye and I immediately thought "speaker enclosure". I picked it up, and what it actually was, was a panel you mount on a house roof, that has an opening for some type of vent pipe. The round opening had a rubber gasket for the pipe, but it could be removed, and it looked like there was room for about a 6.5" speaker, more or less. The opening is angled, and it looks like there is enough extra material in the flat part that you could rotate it so the speaker points where you want it to and trim off the extra. You would probably have to fiberglass a back to the enclosure, and probably reinforce the front with MDF.

Sorry I don't know what the part is called. Check it out next time you're in Home Depot and tell us if you think it's a good idea.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.