I need mids and highs - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th August 2004, 05:06 AM   #1
Mal is offline Mal  United States
diyAudio Member

Default I need mids and highs

I have a 01 grand-am, and plan on installing some 5.25 in the front and 6x9 in the back for mids and highs. My question is who's the best mananfacturer in this category? I prefer a componet set in the 5-1/4 front speakers. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Old 20th August 2004, 06:39 PM   #2
maylar is offline maylar  United States
diyAudio Member

The "best" 5.25 components could easily cost a couple thousand dollars. You need to include a budget price when you ask this.

Besides, you'll get a dozen opinions because everybody's tastes are different. Better off going to a car audio shop and listening for yourself.
Old 22nd August 2004, 03:33 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

If you're looking to spend a bit, I'd take a look a CDT, DLS, and Focal. If you're looking to save some money, Look at the infinity. The infiniti tweeters are a bit bright sounding, although not in a bad way really.
Old 23rd August 2004, 02:17 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Mal,

If you want to get the best quality for the money stay away from the car stereo speakers and assemble your own system from raw drivers from Madisound. You can put together a component 5.25 system and have them design a computer optimized crossover for you for 25 USD. There is a massive amount of marketing hype in the car stereo field and you will not always get what you pay for.

By this method you can have a very high end system for 200 - 400 USD for each end of the car. With this method you can also build the crossover out of the quality of components that you can afford and there are other things that you can do that will increase the sound quality significantly with little added cost.

Hezz
Old 25th August 2004, 03:31 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Very very easy choice Dynaudio System 220 super cheap for the worlds best...you can put then up against Focal Utopia they spank em.

Cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!