Problems with my Kenwood KDC-MP925

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this head unit from a dealer on Ebay, installed it and it worked fine at first. After the first time I played a CD however, it will not play anymore! I have tried all kinds, burned, real you name it, it always gives my the same response, it says "TOC Error"
I told the dealer i bought it from about this to try and get it exchanged, and they said to have it professionally installed. Is there any reason why this makes sense and if so, what can I do to make it work without forking over the money to have someone else do the same thing?

Thanks,
Zack

upside down mounting

Just a little side note on "Netlist" 's comment that I found funny. I once owned an old Clairon cd reciver that stopped playing cd's, I tried cleaning the lens, that did not work. The mechanism must have worn out or something. One day, for no reason I ripped it out of my dash (not a secure install) and stuffed it back in there upside down and it worked fine from that day forward. Not that this will help you with your problem, but sometimes creativity pays!

well, with a lens cleaner, i don't think it is even reading the cd enough for the lens to get cleaned. The most frustrating thing about this is that when i first installed it, I was able to play a cd once or twice, but nothing since then. I even tried playing it with the unit upside down! Thank you for your help, and any other suggestions you might have.

Zack

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.