Ped build...(56k warning)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Our saturday boy is not old enough for a car yet and has a ped ! he hit me with the chellenge of installing an ICE build in his ped.... hummm tricky i thought:p but me likes a challenge so out came the glass fibre and P40 and heres what i came up with....
(please excuse the quality of the pics but most were taken with my phone)
first off a mould was made of the space under the seat where his helmet is supposed to be kept...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

then the speaker baffels were cut out of mdf and mounted in the mould..
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

then an amp surround was made from mdf as well and the speaker mounts were screwed into place.... then it was all hit with some P40...

then the sides were lapped up with some P40...

then more body filler (and lots of sanding)....

then a mock up with the speaker grill and swith in... also sprayed black to see where it was smooth and where it needs smoothing..

a close up of the switch (nicely done by hand)..

then primed and sides sprayed black (gave qutie a cool effect and led to the final result)also full mock up with amp etc..

then in for its final spraying sliver to black fade sanded smooooth as feck and given a couple of layers of lacqure..

spraying all done, so speakers going in and amp wirng up being done....

the PED [;)]...

and the build in the ped.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.