Wierd problems with amp. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd August 2004, 09:57 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Wierd problems with amp.

Ok, ive recieved an amp the other day. Its a Jensen A300HLX 300 watt peak , 200x1 rms, 85x2 rms. Im running a pioneer tsw10c in a small truck. Anyway i know its not the best but i do belive jensen builds a good product for the money. So i recieved this amp from my uncle who has abuised it for 2 years, putting 2ohm load bridged ect. It only recently started cutting out on him so he gave to me for my lil 200watt pos amp. Ok so i hook it up and im drving down the road then all of a sudden, BOOOM BOOOM boom boom. The amp cuts off, or should i say its stays on but its playing like the gain is 1/3up and like the right or left input channel is unplugged. So everytime it cuts out like that i have to hit it or go over a bump, i only have to tap it to make it go back to normal. What could be wrong? I did open it up to see but no visable damn noticed from my eyes. Its getting very annoying and i'd like to get it repaired and not get a completey new amp. Afterall it does pound alot harder than my other one and i dont plan on buying anything but a new headunit in the next few months. Please help
Old 4th August 2004, 12:25 AM   #2
Tensop is offline Tensop  Lebanon
diyAudio Member

dry joint or broken contact between a component and the PCB due to being a ****** driving around putting 5 billion watts through the subwoofer and annoying everyone

Hide this!Advertise here!