Honda CR-V Subwoofer Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to put a subwoofer in my 1998 Honda CR-V. As I understand it, I want a sealed woofer installation. I don't like booming bass to be heard all around, I'm looking for clean supplemental bass for speakers that really shouldn't go that low. My idea is to put one 8" or 10" in the trunk area floor. There is a weird cavernous space just under the carpet there. One of the CR-V trademarks is a picnic table that functions as a psuedo-floorboard for the trunk and the cavern is just under that. (I will have a picture soon). I calculate the volume to be roughly 1.45 cubic feet. I'm fairly new to the car stereo scene and I'd love to get some guidance/advice on where to go from here. Anyone willing to offer corrections or well anything at all please feel free and go right ahead. Thank you!

Images have to be under 100K and a certain dimension (IE..less than 800x600 or something) in order to attach....use Microsoft Paint...do image>stretch> 50% horizontal and vertical (or similar percentage). Then save as JPG.

I'd say go with a small ported enclosure, just make sure its ported well, like down to 30 or 40Hz. That way it won't be boomy, otherwise a sealed just won't reach that low effeciantly.

Is it an automatic or manual?? I had a B20B (97-98 CRV engine) in my Integra for a while...I liked the added torque :up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.