im new to car audio please help!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am new to this car stereo thing and i need some direction. I want a system that has major bass and can hear it blocks away. I have a buick lesabre (1982?) i dont have alot of money, but i need the most i can get so my system can knock. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here ya go

Even if you don't want to buy from them check out http://www.crutchfield.com and look at their what fits my car section and you'll figure out exactly what your speaker sizes are and so on. You need a general plan for your stereo before you buy one component. You say you want bumpin bass and for cheap...well first off you're going to need a new receiver which can cost you from anywhere $100 USD to however much you wanna spend. As a general rule factor speakers are horrible, but you don't have to change them until they blow out if you don't want to. For your bass you're going to need at least one subwoofer and an amplifier to power it. After you take a look around the web and provide some more details for your system, post it here and people (including myself) will be glad to help.

It's pretty hard to anyone here to give you good advice without at least some form of price range, but I'll give it a try. For starters I'm going to assume that your trying to focus on subs at the moment. It's not hard to purchase subs that can be heard a block away, what matters is whether or not you can stand to listen to distorted and boomy bass while in the car.

Subs with fairly good sound quality, and also a high SPL in most cases will cost in the $400-$800(including amp) price range.

Personally if you want to rattle the cars around you and save money at the same time. I would recommend you get on eBay and pick up a single JL AUDIO 15w3. You should be able to pick one up for less than $200. Pairing one of those with a good 400 watt RMS into 4 ohm amp would make an awful lot of bass. They wouldn't be my first choice but for the money a Rockford Fosgate, JL audio, or Phoenix Gold amp would put out plenty of power for a sub.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.