Need Help Setting Up Amp And Subs!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a problem with my amp and subs in my car. I just recently recieved them for free off of my bro's friend and the amp and subs was tested good. I have a problem wiring everything. I already connected the power cord and the ground cord. The only thing left is the rem cord and i don't know where to connect it to on the back of my head unit. I have no way of finding out which cord it is. I have a Pioneer DEH 12 headunit, a orion 600 watt amp and also 2 12" JL's. Everything is wired correctly and ready to go but the rem cord. So if anyone knows where the rem cord should be located behind my pioneer headunit i would like to know. Thanx!!!!!!

if your decks old it may not have one' but if it does pioneers standard color for the remote lead is 'blue' usually on its own and has a plastic covered spade plug on the end if it hasn't been hacked of :) .

depending on the model but you will have on the back -
8 wires for front and rear speakers, usually with a colored trace on 4 of them indicating negitive.
orange wire - accesories power
red wire - constant power
black wire - earth
blue wire - remote lead
yellow wire - phone mute
there is also a power antena wire not sure of the color off my head' it may be the remote lead as well!

hope it helps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.