Pinout for Pioneer 8 pin connector

Dug in and found out this much

Since I will have to cut into the cable anyway I decided to go ahead and cut into it and see how much I could deduce on my own. Attached is a diagram of what I have determined so far.

The cable has a copper shield with a two large wires (about 14 - 16 ga.) and a shielded inner cable with two smaller (about 20 ga.) wires. The two shields are connected together. The two smaller wires are red and white (no doubt the signal inputs). The two larger wires are blue and purple. I suspect that one of these is the power to the head unit and the other is probably some sort of turn on signal to the power amp. Tommorrow I will dig out the 12V PS and some jumper cables to see what I can figure out.

I can use a DMM to find out which wire supplies power to the head unit but I don't know what the head unit is supposed to do to indicate that it is time to turn on the PA. Probably either ground or 12V on the other wire but it might not be good to try the wrong thing. :cannotbe:

Attachments

• pioneerinterconnect.jpg
    pioneerinterconnect.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 790
Thanks for doing all the hard work mate. Im very grateful. Scored one of these little beasties the other day for $2. Wired a switch to the blue and purple, a mini jack to the line in, mounted her under my dash board and rigged her up to the speakers. Now we have a very non intrusive platform to play ye-oldie iriver h300.

Gold!

Thanks again