how close r watt ratins on a AUDIOBAHN A2300HCT amp n has ne1 used it.. and a jbl gto - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2004, 12:57 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question how close r watt ratins on a AUDIOBAHN A2300HCT amp n has ne1 used it.. and a jbl gto

Hey ppl.. ive been lookin for a amp 4 a future car.. lol yea gont got 1 yet.. neways, i already got 2 audiobahn aw1200 subs in my room and am goin to use them.. so i was lookin at audiobahn amps.. i like the AUDIOBAHN A2300HCT w\ a 2400w rms rating ,, ill need 2 more subs.. how close are the ratings? its $450 on ebay.. or should i get 2 JBL GTO1201.1 1200w rms amps? there $260 each.. thanks! here are specs to each..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...708286853&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

thanks ppl!!

Alex
Old 15th July 2004, 02:41 PM   #2
Mr Teal is offline Mr Teal  Canada
diyAudio Member

Friends don't let friends buy Audiobahn.
Old 16th July 2004, 12:27 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to minitruck_freq
u can do ALOT better than Audiobahn for $450.
Old 16th July 2004, 07:35 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have plenty of first hand experience with adiobahn gear and I will have to agree with Mr Teal and minitruck. Audiobahn isnt that bad if you could buy it for around.......... $1, but for the money they want for their shiny garbage you can pick up way better gear.
Old 20th July 2004, 08:13 PM   #5
NB23 is offline NB23  United States
diyAudio Member

That audiobahn amp isn't too bad but I calculated that it would put around 2000w rms instead of 2400w. I'd personaly go with the JBL.
Old 21st July 2004, 06:47 AM   #6
prodigy is offline prodigy  Japan
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to prodigy Send a message via MSN to prodigy Send a message via Yahoo to prodigy
if ur getting a JBL.. try to consider changing a few parts inside b4 u hit the road..

i have a few friend who has a JBL playing only for a month.. mine about 4 months..

it's the cheaper model JBL600.1 afforable but.. not durable at all.

i change the capacitor .. most of it inside n trying to add a micro fan ... i'll post some pics on the modification

then this will keep u running ur JBL .. else.. u'll lose them fast.. due to the quality now are all made in korean by this OEM called chunglam or something like that..

1st physical inspection will makes u either thinking it;s from china and 2nd is it;s a real cheap amp ...

no doubt i get is pretty cheap .. but i dun expect a brand like JBL gone this low for trying to be in business or competitive ???

anyway .. a little of modification will make ur amp pump more watts to ur driver.. this... proven ... for now..

(in my humble oppinion)

Old 21st July 2004, 11:04 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to xplod1236
Quote:
Originally posted by prodigy
if ur getting a JBL.. try to consider changing a few parts inside b4 u hit the road..
Which parts?
Old 22nd July 2004, 01:18 AM   #8
prodigy is offline prodigy  Japan
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to prodigy Send a message via MSN to prodigy Send a message via Yahoo to prodigy
the capacitor and the relay (PowerValve BP series)
also try bridging the inputs ... this will makes u gain alittle bit more... (carsounddomain discuss this b4)

anyway .. not to bring any of the budget amps down... just that.. to share from my previous experience .

if u have extra $ ... go for JL or cadence .. anyway .. my JBL now kick ***

Hide this!Advertise here!