6" Subs to Mids?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
6" Subs to Mids?

Awhile back I bought this box from Advance Auto for $20 till I could afford some "real" speakers. I know have most of what I was looking to get, but I want to reuse the 6" speakers as mids if it is possilbe. Can I take and make a crossover that will block the lows and highs to make these speakers mids? Or are they subs only by design? :confused:

First question what part of indiana are you from? I live in Huntington about 20 miles south of Fort Wayne.

It should be possible because 6" are responsive enough to be mids. I'm sure that it'll work with no problem. I turned 2 8" subs into mids by just adding a bandpass filter(blocks the lows and blocks the highs). I'd suggest getting tweeters with the your mid.

I live in Kendallville, just about 20 miles nort of The Fort!

I have contacted D&B Sales to try and get the crossovers that I need for the 6" speakers but they say they don't have them. What turds, I just bought some for the 3.5" Dash speakers last weekend and now they don't carry them!?

Once I find the needed crossovers I will drill holes in the boxes and install them.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.